Although tree removal is a last resort, there are circumstances when it is necessary. An Arborist can help decide whether or not a tree should be removed. Arborists have the skills and equipment to safely and efficiently remove trees. Removal is recommended when:
- The tree is dead or dying.
- The tree is considered irreparably hazardous.
- The tree is causing an obstruction that is impossible to correct through pruning.
- The tree is crowding and causing harm to other trees.
- The tree is to be replaced by a more suitable specimen.
- The tree should be removed to allow for new construction.
Click here for information on mature tree care.
Tree Owner's Manual from US Department of Agriculture.